My Chars

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The 40-50's Blues

My Moonkin druid is coming up on level 48 (just one bar away when I stopped to go to sleep last night). It hasn't been easy since level 40...

In terms of questing, levels 40-50 have always been the hardest/most-boring for me. Even on my hunter I found these levels a bit of a chore, and we all know how easy it is to level a hunter :)

I guess it doesn't make it easier that I chose to go Moonkin. Moonkin druids are a great support class and a caster group in a raid will always welcome a Moonkin thanks to the awesome +5% spell crit aura. However they are less than ideal for leveling and I've been having a hard time with some quests. I solved this by usually doing only easier (green or yellow) quests instead of doing orange or red quest as I did with my hunter, but that just adds to the boredom of these levels.

It doesn't help that this is the 4th character I am leveling to 70 and knowing all of these quests by having done them multiple times before, takes the interest and "magic" out of the process. The only point of light were the couple of levels I leveled using the new Dustwallow Marsh quests. These were well done, fun and most importantly, new :) However as I said those helped but didn't get me all the way to 50.

Still the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer as I see level 50 approaching. I will be able to continue leveling in zones I like much more such as Un'goro Crater and WPL, maybe even do a BRD run or two. I am also strongly considering speccing back to feral, since I plan to do it anyway at 60. If it helps my leveling, why not? The only problem is I'll have to grind daily quests on my mage for a couple of days to raise the gold to buy new feral/tanking gear for my bear, but really I don't see a problem with that, it's for a good cause :) Plus my bear will be able to save up some much needed rest-XP.

I think I've just talked myself into something :)

No comments: