My Chars

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mantle of Tirisfal

After a fairly long time where I mostly raided with my priest, I was asked to come with my mage to a TK raid. After clearing the trash fairly easily we reached VR and stopped to updated new people with the tactics.
The first try was not so good, it's been awhile since we tried VR and I guess people needed to remember the tactics.
The second try was good, we got him down to less than 20%, however too many people died.
On the third try (or was it the fourth? I don't remember...) we finally managed to get VR down again, and lo and behold 2x Pauldrons of the Vanquished Hero tokens dropped :)
An intensive round of open bidding ensued but I used up all of my DKP :) and at the end Solidstate walked away with his first ever T5 token, which was quickly converted to Mantle of Tirisfal.

I quickly enchanted it with the scryer shoulder enchant but choosing gems was a bit harder. In the end I decided to bite the bullet and spent 30 of my hard-earned badges on 2 epic gems which a guild mate cut for me: a Reckless Pyrestone and a Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst. I'm not 100% certain these are the best gems I could have got but they are pretty good and heck, I can always get more badges :) In any case I'm glad I chose to get epic gems and not the regular blue gems from the AH, while the difference is not large, I'm guessing these shoulders will serve me for a long time to come (maybe even all the way to WotLK) and so this is a long-time investment.

So now I just need to get another T5 item and I will be able to use the 2-item T5 set bonus to start blasting away as an Arcane mage and really do impressive damage :D

No comments: