My Chars

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Druid tanks beginner's set - cont'd

Gah, I need to l2read!

Gear doesn't give you defense skill, it gives defense rating (d.r.) - which is only worth about 0.423 defense skill. So to become uncrittable I need 156 d.r.

I didn't find out the above by myself, BBB was kind enough to answer an email from me and point out the difference, and the article where he explains it. The article also explains where the 156 number above comes from. Us druids need 65 d.s. to become uncrittable, which equals to 65/0.423 = 154 required d.r. However the article also point to an Elitist Jerks thread that suggests 156 instead, which is what I'm going to go with.

Since the Strength of the Clefthoof set only gives me 74 d.r., I will still need another 82 d.r. to become uncrittable (or about 55 resilience - I'll leave the boring math as an exercise to the reader) . I just knew it couldn't be that easy!

Still at least I found another nice article by BBB: Gearing your bear tank from 70 to Karazhan! It lists (relatively) easy to get equipment for every slot, saving me the trouble of having to do all that research. Thanks BBB! Now I know what I want to get/do before level 70 and I just have to actually do it :)

No comments: