My Chars

Sunday, February 17, 2008

How did you come up with your character names?

I read on Kinless a nice post about how he came up with his characters' names. Lots of Roman/Latin and historical influences.

Nothing so fancy here:
* Solidstate - My first character in WoW. I wanted a mage name and I had always thought of magicians in fantasy as sort of the equivalent of scientists in RL. So I chose "solid-state", a physics related term.
* Solidfaith - My next char to hit 70 was a priest. When I chose his name I wanted it to be clear he was my alt and to reflect his class, so "solid-faith" was born. Also a nice play on words :)
* Supersolid - My latest char to hit 70, I knew when I rolled a hunter I had a problem, nothing relating solid and hunter suggested itself. After a little reflection I thought about how I wanted to roll a hunter because they were so super-good at farming and so "super-solid" was born. Has the added benefit for me of also being a physics term.

I have a bunch of other solid chars waiting in the wings, but I don't feel like talking about them before they hit 70, or at least 60. I rarely if ever play them so they advance very slowly.

No comments: