My Chars

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Changes

In RL, after 2.5 years at my current workplace I finally got my nerve up to go job hunting elsewhere, passed the interviews and got a job offer. So I'm leaving my current workplace, not without some regrets and worries but mostly happy I'm leaving a place where I don't feel I like going to any more and hopefully going to a better place.

In a case of "online mirroring offline life", my guild, with whom I have spent the last 2.5 years, has broken up. So in the online world too I am making a big change. To be precise most (all?) of the officers and many key members split to form a new guild which I joined, and the former guild is left barren and probably will be disbanded by the GM, although I don't know for sure as the GM has not decided himself.

In the case of the guild move, as in the workplace move, I was filled with a mix of worry and anticipation. The new guild will I think be harder for me to be a full part of since it will be (more) focused on raiding, unlike the previous which was casual-friendly. As I have a hard time raiding (due to my duties as a parent), I am not sure how much I will fit in. Right now I joined as a raider and am taking a wait-and-see approach.

No comments: