My Chars

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Solidstar Dings 73, Sarth+1D Down

Well it's been an interesting week. Solidstar has dinged 73, still in Borean Tundra. I've actually gotten the achievement for doing N-quests there (can't post link atm :( ) so I'm done with BT - time to move to Dragonblight. I'm still leveling Frost and it's not bad, can kill mobs and my damage-in vs. self-healing from Death Strike ratio is low enough so that I don't have downtime (or rarely do).

However it's boring and the few PuGs I've done were not much fun, so I've decided to go back to my favourite which is full blood. This should help me level a bit faster :)

In guild news, my guild downed Sartharion with 1 drake up. This is big news and a hard achievement for a 10 man raiding guild and I've very proud of the guild for pulling this off. I was not in the raid that day - the cost of having to get only 10 people together for a raid is that there are always a few spare left out. Since I had been raiding a lot and there were 4 healers online I passed on my spot.

However the MT in that fight was a druid from one of the best 25-man raiding guilds on the server, who came to help as his alt is in our guild. Without him I am not sure the guild would have managed, and in addition we are losing our paladin MT in 2 weeks for a period of 2.5 months as he is going for an extended trip in South America. That will leave us with no real good MT, as our current other tanks are either not as geared, not as good/experianced players or currently can't play (we have a druid tank with a dislocated shoulder :( ). We need a good tank quickly...

Hopefully our tank troubles will be solved and we'll keep the positive momentum we got from downing Sarth+1D. Keeping fingers crossed :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went Frost for about two or three levels before I switched completely to Blood. I leveled all the way through my 60's and 70's as a Blood DK. There's definitely something to be said for the survivability and damage generated from Blood. Like you said, there's very little downtime, expediting the leveling process quite a bit. If only Mages had that type of survivabilty. Devv would be 80 by now.