My Chars

Monday, December 03, 2007

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Well not really, at least not in my opinion.

I'm talking of course about the Activision-Blizzard merger. Reading the feedback on WoW's forums brought to my mind the R.E.M. song of the same name as this post's subject. Seems like most people expect WoW's servers to come to a halt tomorrow due to the merger.

I think ultimately, this merger will of course have some impact on WoW. But this will take a looong time to happen and by then, WotLK will be long released and WoW will be either steadily declining or still going strong (against all odds :)). I think the merger will have only limited effect on that long-term trend. Certainly it seems impossible for the merger to affect the WotLK expansion in any significant way, at least with regards to content.

Bottom line is, I distrust crystal balls and anyone who tells you he knows what's going to happen for sure in the far future (anything over a week) is either lying or trying to sell you something. I say, wait and see. Whatever will be will be ;)

No comments: